**ETA: I’m so sorry for the silly video! In my upload? I somehow got the wrong video!! *eeek* So I’m hoping to get it swapped out soon; for now? It’s me rolling my eyes *lol* **
How often do you come across a news article, a tweet or a blog entry and say “What the heck?!” I do it all the time, and so I started “What The…?!” a new feature here at For Love and Books – basically just a catch-all for my Bookish Thoughts – be they current events or general topics.
Today’s Topic? Blog Organization
After searching and searching, I finally found a blog planning method that works well for me, and I’m so excited about it that I wanted to share it with you! I’ve uploaded a quick YouTube video to share it, but I thought I’d also type up a quick overview! (And I have a link to the page layout that I created below, in case you think it might work for you!)
This method has worked for me for about a month now, keeping me organized! I typically sit down on Saturday evenings after I put my little one to bed and fill out the new sheet for the week – that way I can start running on Sunday.
I really hope this helps those of you who want to remain organized!
What are some of your organizations tips? How do you keep track of your blogging plans and commitments?
The Planning Page I’ve made:
- Books to Read : A general list of books I plan to read this week, either for pleasure or committed review.
- Reviews Due : Any reviews due (either for commitment or new release) this week – that way I have a quick overview of what I plan to do!
- Weekly Statistics : I include my Feedburner Followers, Twitter Followers and a few basic stats from Google Analytics that I like to watch. I think in the future I’ll add facebook followers. It’s just nice to see how my blog grows from week to week!
- Feature Notes : Plans for my “What the…?!” feature – what do I want to write about this week?
- General To-Do List : Examples – Update Review Archive, Schedule upcoming posts for vacation, etc
- Notes/Ideas : Random thoughts that I have throughout the week about my blog.
Links from the Video:
Blog Planner Page – I created it and have uploaded it as a .jpg if you’d like to print a copy for yourself. It prints on regular printer sized paper.
Infarrantly Creative – The original Blog Planning Page that inspired my personal page.