Jes at Gone with The Words is hosting the Outlander Read-a-long for this week!! If you haven’t read Outlander yet? This is a great chance to jump on board! It’s such a fun book, and reading it with a group will help encourage you to overlook the massive size of this book!! (Which, really? It’s worth it!!)
There’s even an official hashtag! (Yes, I love Outlander so much that every little thing is exciting me!!) #OutlanderRA – so get tweeting!
Week 1 (Chapter 1-7) Questions:
1. Outlander is a well-known book. Before you cracked it open, what were your expectations or assumptions about this story? Or did you jump into it with a blank slate?
2. Claire’s husband, Frank, is fascinated with learning more and more facts about his family tree, which extends back pretty far. Do you or anyone in your family keep a family tree? How many years/generations back does it go? If not, have you ever considered or attempted to create one?
3. How did you find Claire’s initial conclusion as to her surroundings after waking up from going through the stones? Did you think that was a reasonable conclusion?
4. How about her composed, rational way of dealing with the fact she’s traveled back in time. Did you find it believable? Do you think you would have been acting the same way?
5. At this point in the story, what are your feelings or expectations on Claire and Jamie? Is Frank still a factor for you?
Bonus Question: Frank encounters a man outside of the inn were he and Claire are staying. He is afraid it might have been a ghost. What do you believe that was? Do you have any predictions on what that was about?
Now go check out the rest of the details at Gone with the Words!