Brought to you by Ginger @ GReads
Friday, August 31st - Choose Your Next Read: How do you go about choosing what you read next? Do you have a schedule you follow, or do you read whatever makes you happy at the moment?
I have struggled with this for a long time – sometimes I give a shout out on Twitter – asking what I should read next (usually giving a few titles from my shelf) but lately? About 24 books ago I started a list in my personal notebook “The Next 11 books” where I take a few from my shelf, a few from my wishlist and a few from my review books that I have to read… Then I try my hardest to stick to that list until it’s been read.
Here’s my current “Next 11″ list
1. Undead by Kristy McKay (for my Blog)
2. The Peachkeeper By Sarah Addison Allen (Personal) – Oh SAA, I adore you and your fabulous writing. (And Colin!)
3. Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore (Personal/Library)
4. Dreams From my Father by Barack Obama (From Dad/Book Club)
Betrayed by P.C. Cast (From a friend) Watch for my review! It includes a Fifty Shades comparison!
6. The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (for my Blog)
7. The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart (Library)
8. Slow Summer Kisses by Shannon Stacey (Personal)
9. The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenrdy (Personal)
10. The Waiting Sky by Lara Zielin (Personal)
11. The Summer of Firsts and Lasts by Terra Elan McVoy (Personal)
Q: Best cover? What is the best cover of a book that you’ve read and loved?.
Anna Dressed in Blood is BY far one of my favorite covers. I absolutely adore it, and I can’t quit looking at it and thinking how much I love it.
A close second? The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. It’s such a haunting and gorgeous cover!
The both fit the books so well, and they are just so fun to look at!