Brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish
April 17: Top Ten Tips For New Book Bloggers
Geez, why hadn’t I had a top ten list like this?? LOL! I’m going to take a little different spin on this than I think most people will. I am going to leave the Top Ten Posts that other bloggers have written that I think Newbie Book Bloggers should read! These are posts that I have bookmarked and have made my life easier!
1. Windows Live Writer – from Jacinda @ Reading Housewives of Indiana : This is a great post that I wish I’d have had when I started blogging! WLW is great for writing posts (with the Text Template Plugin) because you can have templates for each type of posts. Just makes life easier!
2. SEO For Book Bloggers – from April @ Good Books and Good Wine : SEO is something that has been tough for me to understand, and I’m so glad that April has made multiple posts that made it finally make sense to me!
3. ARC’s – from Smallreview : This is my favorite “How to get ARC’s post” – and there are TONS of them out there.
4. Book Blogging 101 – from Parajunkee : This whole series/feature is full of nothing but good information.
5. How to get readers through comments – from Book Journey : Just some great tips on comments! (And the ever present reminder of how NOT to leave spam-like comments which irritate everyone!)
6. Social Media Icons – From Baffled Books : Just some basic info that everyone should have/use on their blogs!
7. Policies – From Squeaky Books : Policies are a nice way to cover ourselves (legally/morally/etc) for all of us! So if you’re a newbie? Check this out!
8. Back Up Your Blog – From The Book Vixen : Again – can’t stress the importance of this enough!
9. Pinterest and your Book Blog – From Me : Pinterest is a pretty new tool, but lots of fun fand a great way to promote your blog!
10. How to Deal with a Reading Slump – From Alison Can Read : Reading slumps are an inevitable evil!! And Alison has some great tips and ideas for dealing with them, moving on from them and what to do in the midst of one!
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!(Just remember, NO SPOILERS!!)
The call came on a Sunday. I heard the phone ringing from upstairs, where I lay in my room in bed sucking oxygen from a big green tank parked beside me, my companion almost twenty-four hours a day. I heard Mom pounding up the stairs and then she threw open my bedroom door. Breathlessly, she said, “They have a heart.”